Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What I have learned today

I did not have time to go and buy the epoxy today but I did take some time to read about how far apart to make the stitch holes and how big to make them.  The website says to make the holes 1/8” if you are using zip ties and to put them 8” to 12” apart. I guess the straight sections don’t need as many stitches as the curves.

 

I did make a thin piece of flexible plywood with marks for the stitch locations that I can just hold up against the edge of all of my strips to mark where the holes need to be drilled. 

 

A friend gave me a good piece of advice which is to drill the stitch holes before I join the long strips together (turn the 20 pieces into 10) so that I only have to drill the holes 5 times instead of 10

 

Things I don’t know:

I have not found out how far from the edge to drill the holes for the stitches yet

I have lost the information that said which number West Epoxy to buy

 

 

Tonight I hope to buy the epoxy and zip ties and drill the holes

No comments: