Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cutting out the strips

I am really quite unhappy with how things are going so far with the cut out. As you can see from the pictures the jigsaw just does not cut straight enough for this. I know you are thinking user sucks but really it is not going well. The problem is not just cuting straight on the horizontal. On the vertical it wobbles too. If you get off line and turn the blade does not stay vertical.
I have a couple of ideas. First off I cut this first section proud of the line and I will try to grind, plane, sand or rasp to the line and see how that goes. If that does not go well I will make a template out of mdf and then cut the rest of the boards with a router and guide bearing. One way or another it will all turn into a boat one day
Posted by Picasa


 

 

 

 

No comments: