Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fitting everything together

Last night I worked for about and hour shaving planks here and there so things fit together better.

It ends up it is not so hard to do. I just clipped a few zip ties. Filed for a moment in the spot that looked like it needed work and strapped it back together.  I could probably leave things as they are but I will work a bit more on getting things as close as possible. I put some before and after shots in of one of the gaps I fixed

 

I still don’t know how you get the forms to stay in place while you shape the boat.  I see pictures on the web sites with the forms just sitting where they need to be no problem. That is not how things work for me

 

I thought I had a better picture of the form problem I have. But as you can see in the photo here 2 forms are in place and the left side is not pulling up on the form at all.  I don’t know if I am supposed to tack the board to the form or what.  Then when I put the last form in place the 2 forms you see become loose and just fall over.

No comments: