Friday, February 15, 2008

Solved one problem

I finally figured out that I could screw a block of wood onto the forms right at the top corner of  each side and then clamp the block of wood to the side of the boat.  Simple solution that is very helpful.  Now I can move on with getting the panels to fit together a little better and then get to glueing/epoxying. 

From what I read the hardest part is going to be putting in the Gunwales. Or to be specific getting the gunwales to bend while I try to install them.  I hope this is not too much of a bear but I think it will be.  I have not even decided on what wood I am going to use yet.  I like the idea of a white wood inside and a dark wood ousidee with the triangle in the front and back being dark to give a nice effect.  This is really all anyone will see so it needs to look good.

 

I don’t have any 16’ wood so I am not sure if I should go hunt some down or scarf some together.  Thank god for google

No comments: