Monday, May 19, 2008

A weekend with some progress.

I said some progress not tons of progress.

I coated the inside of the boat with epoxy on Friday? and it was a real let down. I got tons of air bubbles in the finish.  I had to go back Sunday and wet sand the whole inside of the boat to get rid of the bubbles.

That was not too bad but more work than I wanted to do.  So instead of doing the outside Sunday, I sanded and I have not moved forward.  I think what I have to do is role on the finish and then brush it immediately after to pop the bubbles.

 

I did take some time while I watched MotoGp on Sunday to cover the seats with webbing. This was pretty easy and the roll of webbing I bought is so huge that I can probably recover the seats 4 or 5 times without running out.

I hope to move forward on the finish and get to the outside of the boat quickly. But everything is such a slow process. I had hopes of using the boat this coming weekend but I am pretty doubtful now. It is possible but doubtful.

No comments: