Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hanging the seats





Very important. Measure the boat width at the spot where the seat will hang not up at the gunwale. My boat buldges out as it drops down from the top and I nearly ruined one of my seats.


This was really fairly easy. My wife and I leveled up the boat and then I used a level to figure out how long each hanger block needed to be. I had some pieces left over from trimming the seats that worked perfectly. I ran a hole through them at the drill press and viola.


In order to get everything to line up I drilled the front holes and then put every thing together with some zip ties (I don't have the hardware yet). Then I used a straight edge to line up where the second set of holes would need to be drilled. For some stupid reason I drilled the holes in my seats first which really made this more difficult. On the second seat I will drill the holes in the gunwales first and the seats last.

No comments: