Monday, March 17, 2008

More work going on

Sorry no photos today but a progress report at least.

 

The second role of fiberglass came in. Same stuff way cheaper. Wish I had ordered the first role.  I looked up epoxy and it looks like it is not much cheaper to order so you never know.

 

I finished off the taping inside the boat. The last strips that went up to the nose of the boat along the curve on the center seem came out terrible. I am glad nobody will ever see them.

Next I carried the boat outside and turned it over to do some sanding and prepare for the center strip.  Since I had the epoxy out I started filling all of the gaps on the bottom.

I think I did 3 batches of epoxy before I had something else I had to go do.  Now that I have lived the pain of sanding off excess epoxy I am much neater with it. Some things you just have to learn the hard way.

 

Tonight I hope to fill some more of the gaps on the bottom and do some sanding

 

I have to find out what wood I am going to use for the Inwhales or is it Inwales?  The plans say to use Spruce which is what construction grade 2x4’s are made of.  I just can’t imagine that is a good wood for building a boat

No comments: