Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Yoke


I am still in the process of glueing on all of the pieces I made for the Gunwales. It is a long process because it takes so many clamps on each little piece. So I can only do 1 or 2 pieces at a time. While I was waiting around last night for the glue to dry - not much fun I cut out the Yoke and the thwart and some pieces to make the seats out of. I used Cherry because..... that is what I had. And because the sun will really make the cherry look good. I was going to use some white wood but I just did not have any.
Today I hope to glue on the last couple of gunwale pieces and route the edges of the thwart and yoke.
I need to find out what dimensions to use for the seats and I can put them together and finish them
Besides that I need to construct the front and back compartments.

This thing may actually hit the water one day

No comments: